Sweet baby girl -

To John and Audra, and to Melody ....

"But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.", and He laid His hands on them and departed from there."
~ Matthew 19:14-15 ~

Today 1 yr. ago you left this dusty earth of sorrow to live forever in the joyous home
of Heaven with our loving Heavenly Father.
How much your family misses you. How much I miss you, even though we only met once.
I did not know I could fall in love with someone who was so so little and so young.
I met you on November 6th, 2009, and you went to be with Jesus less than a month later.
I cannot understand why Jesus would take you to be with Him, but I rejoice that He made you, fearfully, wonderfully, beautifully, and that you only ever knew two of the most loving and sweet parents here on earth, and then straight into our Heavenly Father's arms.
You can see and know fully, tiny baby girl, what we cannot see at all here where we stand.
God made you so perfectly, Melody ... He made no mistake in the knitting of you.
You run through your mama's dreams of a giggling blond haired, blue eyed darling,
running to meet her on that sweet Heavenly day, when all will be right, truly right forever.

We hold you in our hearts, Melody, and I can't wait to meet you again someday. :)
Did you know that you danced with your daddy? Your Mama tenderly clasped in his arms as they slowly waltzed on the dance floor, and you in between.
They wanted so much more time with you .... but just as perfect as God made you, is God's plan for us, even though missing you feels like a stab into my heart sometimes ... Jesus loves us, His tiny little children ... yes, we know, that God is love!

I wanted roses and huge overflowing pink bouquets to give you. I wanted to sing over you, and be your Auntie Jemmie, babysitting you for a night. I wanted to pray over you, one more time.
Yet God is so good, even in our sorrow. I searched around for a flower for you, but all I could find was a small heart shaped ivy leaf. I plucked it, and walked back .... and I left it there in honor of you, Melody. Sweet little baby, you see the overflowing bushes and roses and vines of perfuming flowers in Heaven, and the fairest flower of all .... our Savior Jesus.


I love knowing you are cradled in His arms of love, forever.
Beautiful little baby girl ... we miss you.
With love from your Auntie Jemmie .... hugs and kisses.
With love to J., A. and prayers ever, over you, in the sweet name of our loving Father,
~ Jean Marie ~

"She is not sent away, but only sent before, like unto a star,
which going out of your sight, doth not die and vanish, but shineth in another hemisphere:
ye see her not, yet she doth shine in another country."
~ Samuel Rutherford from The Loveliness of Christ.

Comments

  1. Beautiful and heart-rending, Jean. Oh, for the day when sorrowful partings are forever past and He gathers His beloved children of all ages to worship and adore Him forever!--mcd

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!