Sunday Reflections (12) -

Sunday Reflections Week 12! 

~ Resurrection Sunday ~ 

"I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. 
O Death, I will be your plagues! O Grave, I will be your destruction!" 
~ Hosea 13:14 ~ 

I know probably everyone either has sung this at church today, or had it running through your mind, or hummed it as you went about your Sunday rejoicing festivities, but the words are so very powerful to the Christian, and I love to sing it. :) There is no sweeter knowledge than knowing we are Christ's forever and ever!! When He died and then rose, He prepared our valley of death and our resurrection of life with His own. He goes before us in all things, triumphant and alive!!! I am stunned at the love of our Lord.


"Christ the Lord is Risen Today" by Charles Wesley (1739)

1. "Christ the Lord is ris'n today. Alleluia! sons of men and angels say; Alleluia! 
Raise your joys and triumphs high; Alleluia! sing ye heav'ns and earth, reply. Alleluia! 

2. Vain the stone, the watch, the seal; Alleluia! Christ has burst the gates of hell: Alleluia! 
death in vain forbids His rise; Alleluia! Christ has opened paradise. Alleluia! 

3. Lives again our glorious King; Alleluia! where, O death, is now thy sting? Alleluia! 
Once He died, our souls to save; Alleluia! where thy victory, O grave? Alleluia! 

4. Soar we now where Christ has led, Alleluia! following our exalted Head; Alleluia! 
made like Him, like Him we rise! Alleluia! ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia! 

5. Hail, the Lord of earth and heav'n! Alleluia! Praise to Thee by both be giv'n; Alleluia! 
Thee we greet triumphant now; Alleluia! hail, the Resurrection, thou! Alleluia!" 


What glory!!! He has burst the gates of hell, death in vain forbids His rise! Made like Him, like Him we rise!!! Ours the cross, the grave, the skies! Oh precious words of truth!!! Oh sweet day that He arose triumphant!!

I've been waiting a long time (since I bought the CD) for the perfect time to use these two songs from Steven Curtis Chapman's Re.Creation album. I found the perfect day in this morning's sunrise pictures. :)
I hope you find it overwhelming like I did. I hope you had a sweet Easter, knowing we are Christ's Beloved.

If you'd like, let me know in the comments below - what you and your family did this Resurrection Sunday!

Let us live out this JOY all year, let us SING of it, let us TALK of it, let us PRAISE Him continually for it.
Let us be so moved by the cross, the cost, the redemption, the resurrection, the promise, that it changes all that we do here on Earth, that we live in the light of Eternity, and the light of His glorious reign.
With much love this joyful Eastertide!!
~ Jean Marie ~

If you want to view it larger, you can click on the title, and watch it on Vimeo instead. :) 
And for those of you not familiar with the Indian River, from the viewpoint of these pictures, I'm looking straight East, and those buildings and towers you see under the sunrise? 
That is the Kennedy Space Center. :) 


Comments

  1. Beautiful, Jean! Wistful, sweet, hopeful! New joy is coming--we just have to wait!! It will be a BRAND NEW, FOREVER day! Love, mcd

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for blessing me by leaving me a comment! I always love reading what you write!